The SMSTS Refresher (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) is a 2 day course. This Site Management training course is designed for Construction Site Managers, site agents, quantity surveyors, construction directors, project directors, and persons responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering a construction workforce.
To undertake this course delegates must have undertaken the full 5 day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) within the last 5 years.
The course will assist managers and potential managers to develop their knowledge, awareness and understanding of legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare.
Who needs this qualification
The CITB-Construction Skills Site Safety Plus - Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) was devised to assist site managers and potential site managers, to develop knowledge, awareness and understanding of their legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act and other regulations relevant to the management of site safety within the Construction Industry
- Site set up, CDM (Construction Design Management Regulations), risk assessments and method statements
- Scaffolding, working at height, electricity, excavations, demolitions, and confined spaces
- Accidents and the associated legislative requirements (RIDDOR)
- The need for control measures and adequate communication to maintain a good health and safety culture within the workplace
Why is this training important
Of all the industries in the United Kingdom, the Construction Industry is the largest. There can also be a great deal of danger involved in the construction industry, if proper rules and regulations are not followed, so there is a need for employees to be trained in health and safety.