To provide students with the skills to identify the possible location of asbestos within Schools and Colleges together with knowledge of what to do in the event of asbestos discovery. The Course is specific to the environment and includes areas such as Boiler rooms, classrooms, Switch rooms, Gymnasiums and laboratories
Who needs this qualification?
Asbestos awareness training is required to be given to employees whose work could possibly expose them to asbestos. In particular, it should be given to all caretakers, cleaners and the person responsible for the site. Exemption from this requirement would apply only where the responsible person can demonstrate that the building contains no asbestos materials. (This is normally the case for all structures built since the year 2000).
Why is this training important?
Adequately trained staff will reduce the risk of asbestos related illness within the organisation as well as ensuring that correct procedures are followed to ensure that employees or others are not adversely affected.
- History of asbestos, uses, properties
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- Recognition of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM`s)
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in School buildings and plant;
- Control Limits
- PPE & RPE )Including practical maintenance and checks of RPE)
- Waste management & Disposal
- The general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, for example an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace.
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos, for example for building work, no employee should carry out work which disturbs the fabric of a building unless the employer has confirmed that ACMs are not present.
The Course is 2 Hours duration and will be delivered at your own premises or a convenient off site location.
Delegates will receive a Handout Pack and Course Outline for use on the day. Delegates will also receive a Certificate of Attendance within a week of the event. All courses are fully evaluated using our own documentation, but in-house evaluation methods can be used if preferred.
Guide Price £350.00 inc VAT maximum 16 Delegates Per Course
Please contact us for a quote.