This qualification can help you increase your skills & understanding of this sector as well as enhance your practice. Once completed you may progress onto the level 3 Diploma where some of the work you have completed in the level 2 may count towards this. You work through each unit step by step with your assessor to enable you to achieve all of the units that make up the full award.
Who needs this qualification?
This is a suitable qualification for those who are just starting employment in the care industry or who are already working as a care assistant/worker.
Why is this training important?
All businesses have a legal duty to provide adequate information, training and supervision to employees to enable them to carry out their work safely, not just to front-line staff but also to directors, managers and those in other key roles.
You will need to complete Mandatory units then choose from a wide range of optional units that cover both knowledges as well as your actual working practice.
- Unit 201 Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 202 Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 203 Introduction to personal equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 204 Introduction to duty of care in health and social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 205 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 206 The role of the health and social care worker
- Unit 207 Implement person-centred approaches in health and social care Unit 208 Contribute in health and safety in health social care
- Unit 209 Handle information in health and social care settings
If you are interested in a natural career progression you then can work with your assessor to map a pathway to include learning that covers both your level 2 diploma and that can lead you onto the level 3 diploma.