The Course is 2 days’ duration, and will be delivered at our own training facility.
Delegates will receive all relevant material for use during the course.
Successful Delegates will also receive an Accredited CITB Certificate via post.
All courses are fully evaluated by the CITB. (Construction Industry Training Board )
All courses are open courses available to anyone wanting to be accredited with CITB.
Who needs this qualification
This two-day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities.The SSSTS training course is designed for team leaders, foremen, gangers, first line managers and supervisors with supervisory responsibilities and a need to understand their legal duties. Through an understanding of legal responsibilities supervisors can better contribute to the instruction, supervision and monitoring of safety on site. The SSSTS course is an ideal foundation for attaining a basic understanding of health & safety duties and responsibilities for junior management in construction work.
- An introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for supervisors requiring an understanding of the legal responsibilities relevant to their work in safely managing a construction site.
- An understanding of the occupational health problems within the construction industry and what is expected of site supervisors.
- An understanding of how health and safety law is structured
- Identifying how their supervisory role links in with the site manager’s role in controlling site safety
- How to carry out risk assessments and understanding the need for method statements
- A basic understanding of fire prevention & control, control of hazardous substances, construction design management regulations (CDM), working at height, personal protective equipment (PPE), manual handling, accidents and first aid.
- Carrying out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understanding and appreciating the need for proactive and reactive monitoring.
Why is this training important
Of all the industries in the United Kingdom, the construction industry is the largest. There can also be a great deal of danger involved in the construction industry, if proper rules and regulations are not followed, so there is a need for employees to be trained in health and safety.
This training course is also specific to the construction Industry and the recognised standard of training required to work within the construction Industry.